Monday, May 19, 2008

Still More Kluge

[Kluge erzählt] von seinem jüngsten Vorhaben: "Das Kapital" von Karl Marx verfilmen. Sergej Eisenstein, der sowjetische Filmpionier, hatte vor 80 Jahren dieselbe Idee. Wo er scheiterte, wollen sich nun Tom Tykwer, Durs Grünbein, Peter Sloterdijk, Alexander Kluge und andere zusammentun, um eine 420-minütige Filmfassung des dreibändigen Werks zu erstellen. Arbeitstitel: "Nachrichten aus der ideologischen Antike." Antike deshalb, weil Marx, sagt Kluge, "einer fernen Zeit" angehöre. Gleichwohl sei er unverrückbar wie ein Gestirn und deshalb Orientierungspunkt für die Navigation in der modernen Welt.

Even more here, though actually nothing further about the Capital-film.

Kluge's 1970 Der Grosse Verhau was already a film of part of Capital.

3 comments:

Husunzi said...

I got a "Fehler: Seite nicht gefunden" at Der Grosse Verhau. I'm curious to see a film rendition of the tendency of the organic composition of capital to rise. Perhaps it would look something like this? (Make sure you watch the whole thing - there's more to it than it seems at first)

Where are you know? How are the insurance woes working out? Thought of moving to a more advanced country like Canada or Cuba? I've been planning that if the health care situation doesn't change here, since I'm pretty sure I'll be needing treatment for cirrhosis or cancer or something before long, especially if i my living habits don't change as well.

So it looks like our list is not undergoing the kind of revival i had hoped for. Oh well - more time to work on other things I suppose. We'll have to figure out other ways to stay in touch.

Carceraglio said...

The Grosse Verhau has this little old German couple, husband and wife, who scavenge spaceships. They speak in dialect (I can never recognize specific German dialects), they appear to be ad-libbing except when they say things like "an increase in wealth at one pole is an increase in misery at the other," and they're probably the best natural performers Kluge ever got. The story is, they travel the galaxy trying to stay ahead of the enclosing border of the Suez Corporation.

I think about moving to more advanced countries. Maybe I could stay just ahead of the border of the collapsing welfare state. Kind of like medical/dental tourism, but permanent.

Yes, too bad about the Marx list.

Husunzi said...

Your description of Der grosse Verhau reminds me a little of the new Disney/ Pixar movie Wall-E, based on my mom's description of it & trailers on Youtube, except I'm suspicious how close to the truth a product of such bourgeois media giants could get.

How can I access Der grosse Verhau?