K-Punk announces the reprise and continuation of the Weird Realists' conference, December 1 in London, with speakers China MiƩville, Ray Brassier, Benjamin Noys, and Graham Harman.
The conference announcement asks, "What examples of the Weird can be found in fiction, film and science?"
Carceraglio proposes Melville's "The Encantadas":
Man and wolf alike disown them. Little but reptile life is here found: tortoises, lizards, immense spiders, snakes, and that strangest anomaly of outlandish nature, the aguano. No voice, no low, no howl is heard; the chief sound of life here is a hiss.
And:
On oppressive, clouded days, such as are peculiar to this part of the watery Equator, the dark, vitrified masses, many of which raise themselves among white whirlpools and breakers in detached and perilous places off the shore, present a most Plutonian sight.
2 comments:
Any chance you could record some of the lectures there and post them to the badiou list or to your blog? I would love to hear them.
I won't be; I wish I could be. I'm not in England, even.
I just got Collapse III, which has not only the papers of the previous Weird Realism conference, but also transcriptions of the discussions.
Post a Comment