WTC Snuff
Some other blog made me aware of the existence of this 8-minute film at Atomfilms.com, called "The Voice of the Prophet," in which a head of security at Morgan Stanley reminisces about war, and remarks that the coming wars will be fought on the streets, "of Los Angeles," for example, against terrorists, and that the WTC bombing (the first one) was an example of things to come. It's shot in his WTC office, in 1998. The Atomfilms Web site enthuses about how this "prophet" foresaw all, in 1998, "long before Osama bin Laden was public enemy number 1."
How long before? Days before? I remember hearing Osama jokes in the office, and I only worked in an office from 1996 to 1998. (and here's an MSNBC story from April 1998, called Bin Laden Comes Home to Roost.) In addition, this prophet in the film, the security chief, was speaking five years after the first bombing.
The sound is bad on this film, and my speakers are bad. But, he starts out talking about Viet Nam and Rhodesia. There's a long rambling anecdote about charred bodies in Viet Nam. I couldn't hear that much of the first part, but apparently he volunteered in Rhodesia, or he was a mercenary in Rhodesia. I -- again, just don't know what to say there. From mercenary in Rhodesia to lackey for Morgan Stanley. What was his prophetic gift but guilt: "I am not going to get away with this shit forever." I'd have called the film "Man Sells Soul, Brings Doom on Us All."
No comments:
Post a Comment